An average human being lives for 75-80 years. Unfortunately, God has not given us the power to extend it or decrease it (I believe, the latter option wouldn’t be opted by too many!) but the good part here is that We can control the QUALITY of it !!
Don’t worry, its not only you resisting the idea of exercising on a sweet, sunny morning of a much awaited Sunday. Majority of people out there detest the idea of a workout or even a simple jog. All the possible excuses like a vacation, a mile-high pile of paperwork at the office or temptation of oily, fat, spicy foods (high in cholesterol) and the desire of mouth melting sugar candies are a roadblock to the development of physical health.
Once you see some of the biggest consequences of not exercising, your perspective on the importance of exercise (or engaging in some sort of physical activity) may shift and you may suddenly find yourself wanting to spend more time working out and investing in your future health. It is not an esoteric subject to deal with, the knowledge of a few pointers may get you going .
“I am NOT going to exercise” …. Ok go ahead but beware of these things :
- You may have heart diseases, diabetes, colon cancer and high blood pressure.
- Exercise’s benefits aren’t just linked to “big” diseases and illnesses. In fact, you may catch the flu or the cold more often if you don’t exercise.
- The National Institutes of Health reports that exercise increases how quickly your white blood cells work.
- May prevent the growth of various sickness-causing bacteria and may help to flush bacteria out of your body.
So, changed your mind right ?
So, hoping that the answer to the above is in affirmative I may now like to throw light upon a few very important benefits of fitness activities :
- improved condition of the heart and lungs.
- increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness.
- increased aerobic fitness.
- improved muscle tone and strength.
- weight management.
- better coordination, agility and flexibility.
- improved balance and spatial awareness.
Well, the above enumerated were just a part of the myriad benefits of fitness.
We all know deep within ourselves that just as a machine needs proper management and regular oiling for efficient work, so does our bodies need regular work to be productive and highly efficient.
What to do ?
- Have the right mindset.
- Tone Up on the Treadmill.
- Take 10 minutes of your day for skipping rope to equate your 40 minute cardio with that of a 10 minutes session
- Say no to carbs
- Have more of protein and drink more water.
- Play any sport you like.
- Sleep well.
- NEVER LET PAIN DISTRACT YOU“.
“Every day is another chance to get stronger, to eat better, to live healthier, and to be the best version of yourself”.
Leave the couch and hit the gym or the soccer field and have a game or two of rugby probably and let some activity engender a great deal of transformation of a tenuous body into a strengthened one.
Say “YES” to all the 5am workouts , say “YES” to all the healthy foods say “YES” when your body says “NO” because if your mind says “YES” then there is no puissant force in the world to stop you from achieving the goal of fitness which is a journey to attain quality of life without which all other possessions like that of money, power, fame fade in seconds.
REMEBER: You have it ALL , to achieve your targets and quality of life is a right to which all are entitled provided the work is put in.